At the top of a cliff stands a city. White stone walls gleam in the sun, and banners snap lazily in the breeze. The sea below curls at the rocks, warm and placid, and the lands around are alive with farms, orchards, and livestock.
This is the Citadel, home of fates and possibilities, host to remarkable people whose own stories provide an insight into the nature of humanity itself…
The second deck from bestselling author and illustrator Fez Inkwright, The Citadel is a fresh take on oracle decks that is seeped in the magic of fantasy literature, Tolkien’s Middle Earth, and tabletop gaming – a truly unique combination of storytelling and cartomancy!
Each of the 60 cards in this deck represents a person living within the Citadel. The guidebook describes different scenes that you will encounter while travelling through the city, including the stories of each character and the interpretation of each card.
- 60 octagonal cards with individually foiled fronts.
- A detailed guide book explaining all the cards’ meanings, upright and reversed, and a chapter describing how to use the cards to generate your own tabletop games, encounters, and locations – and even introduce divination into your games!
- Unique and exclusive spreads in the guidebook.
- Kept safe in a hardcover slipcase box with secretive illustrations to discover!
- Cards: 120 x 70 mm
- Deck Box: 135 x 89 x 67 mm
Fez Inkwright is an illustrator, author, and folklorist. For the past decade she has produced work for children’s books, greetings cards, and tattoo design, and, when not working as Liminal 11’s Head Designer, she now spends her time working in conservation and wildlife rehabilitation. She lives in Bristol with two cats and several hundred bees.