Design and Artwork
‘Transient Light Tarot’ by Ari Wisner and poet Fausta Joly is a modern interpretation of the Rider Waite Smith tarot. The deck explores themes of polarities, sustainability, and transience, rendered in striking inky blue-black and white to symbolize the concept of polarities. The imagery is designed to be inclusive, with gender-neutral representations and a focus on objects and elements rather than the human form.
Sustainability and Inclusivity
Emphasizing sustainability, the deck is printed locally on recycled paper without plastic use. This reflects the creator’s commitment to environmental consciousness and ethical production practices.
Guidebook and Poetic Interpretation
The 120-page guidebook is a collaborative effort between Ari Wisner and Fausta Joly, featuring 22 poems for the Major Arcana, enriching the tarot experience with poetic depth and insight.
The deck includes 81 standard tarot-sized cards (70x120mm) with illustrated Minor and Major Arcana. The cards are printed on 350gsm recyclable smooth card stock with a plastic-free varnish, housed in a two-part rigid box, ensuring durability and quality.
About the Creators
Ari Wisner focuses on representing diverse identities in tarot, moving away from traditional portrayals. Fausta Joly’s poetic contributions add a unique dimension to the interpretation of the cards.
- 81 cards with gender-neutral names and inclusive imagery
- Printed on recycled paper, plastic-free, to promote sustainability
- Inky blue-black and white colors symbolizing polarities
- 120-page guidebook with Major Arcana poems by Fausta Joly
- Ethically produced and printed in England to reduce carbon footprint
- A modern and inclusive approach to tarot by Ari Wisner and Fausta Joly