Design and Artwork
“The Way Jodorowsky Explained Tarot to his Cat” by Alejandro Jodorowsky showcases a unique 22-card Tarot deck, each card richly illustrated in full color by Christian Gaudin. The artwork in this deck reflects Jodorowsky’s eclectic and visionary style, blending traditional Tarot imagery with imaginative and symbolic elements that resonate deeply with the mystical and the metaphysical.
Symbolism and Themes
The deck focuses exclusively on the Major Arcana, delving into the profound symbolism and themes associated with these powerful cards. Each card is a gateway to exploring fundamental aspects of the human experience, such as destiny, spirituality, and consciousness. Jodorowsky’s approach to Tarot is deeply introspective and transformative, inviting users to engage with the cards on a journey of self-discovery and enlightenment.
The accompanying book, an 80-page guide, is not just a manual but a visionary exploration of the Tarot. Jodorowsky’s narrative, guided by his cat Kazan, provides a unique and accessible approach to understanding the Tarot. His insights are both simple and profound, offering practical wisdom and a new perspective on interpreting the cards.
About the Author
Alejandro Jodorowsky is a renowned filmmaker, writer, and Tarot expert, best known for his groundbreaking films and his bestselling book “The Way of Tarot.” His approach to Tarot is deeply influenced by his artistic and eclectic background, making his work in this field both unique and highly insightful.
- Title: The Way Jodorowsky Explained Tarot to his Cat
- Author: Alejandro Jodorowsky
- Illustrator: Christian Gaudin
- Number of Cards: 22 (Major Arcana only)
- Themes: Mystical exploration, human consciousness, spiritual journey
- Artwork: Rich, full-color illustrations, blending traditional and imaginative elements
- Book: 80 pages, offering practical wisdom and deep insights into the Tarot